Turning the webcam On / Off
Many Mac computers and displays have a built-in FaceTime or FaceTime HD camera located near the top edge of the screen.
- Turn the camera on: On your Mac, open an app or turn on a feature that can use the camera. A green light beside the camera glows to indicate that the camera is on.
- Turn the camera off: On your Mac, close or quit all apps or turn off all features that can use the camera. The green light beside the camera turns off, showing that the camera is off.
Control access to your webcam on Mac
Use the following settings to select which applications are allowed to use the camera on your Mac.
1. On your Mac, choose Apple menu then select System Preferences:
2. Click Security & Privacy.
3. Then click Privacy and then Camera.
4. Select the tickbox next to an app to allow it to access your camera.
5. Select Quit & Reopen to finalize the changes.
- Deselecting the tickbox will turn off the access for that app.
- If you turn off access for an app, you’re asked to turn it on again the next time that app tries to use your camera.