In the Students section of an exam, you can see each student's status - the status will let you know in which step in the Exam the candidate is at that point.
You will see this under Status as shown in the image below.
Below are the different statuses possible:
- Registered: Is set when the student is added to an exam (when his student_session is created).
- Email sent: Is set when the email is sent from our platform (click the Send Email from the platform or call POST /exams/: id/send_emails with the API)
- Checks completed: status set when the student finishes the Check Requirements/System Check.
- In setup: status set when the student enters the exam setup but the exam is not started, yet.
- Exam not started: status set when the student enters the exam setup and leaves before starting the exam.
- Exam started: status set when the student clicks on the button "start exam" after the setup. This is when the instructions will show on the ProctorExam page and the exam timer will start running.
- Exam finished: status set when the student clicks on the button "finish exam" on the exam page.