For both your webcam and smartphone camera, we need to be able to see you and your surroundings well. For that reason, the correct positioning of the second camera during the exam setup is crucial.
By following these detailed steps, you can ensure that your phone camera is correctly positioned to capture your laptop screen and the surrounding area with clarity. This setup is vital to maintain exam integrity and to allow monitoring of your activities throughout the test.
Positioning the Phone:
- Find a sturdy and flat surface, adjacent to your laptop setup.
- Ensure the phone's camera lens is clean and unobstructed to maintain clear visibility.
Orientation and Distance from Laptop:
- Please place the camera horizontally or diagonally to you.
- Position the phone at a distance from your laptop that allows it to capture both the laptop screen and the surrounding area.
- Aim for a balance between proximity and a wide-angle view to ensure clarity and coverage.
Phone Stability and Angle:
- Stabilize your phone to prevent unintended movement during the exam.
- Tilt the phone's camera slightly downward to frame the area in front of your laptop screen. This angle should include your desk surface, keyboard, mouse, and any documents or materials you may need during the exam.
- Ensure the area is well-lit with natural or artificial light to provide clear visibility to the phone's camera.