Here are some quick links to help you prepare your candidates for your online exam.
Before the candidate stars the Exam
1. See the video below to watch an introduction about taking an exam remotely using ProctorExam. Please note that your exams might be excluding the mobile phone. In addition, if you use an API you might have a different email flow or interface then what is shown below.
2. Read section "Steps of the ProctorExam process" for some additional information on candidates taking an exam with ProctorExam.
3. Some useful information addressed at candidates on ProctorExam website:
- What you will need to have to start your exam.
- How you should set your room.
- What you should avoid.
4. Make sure the candidate has Google Chrome set up on their computer and have added the ProctorExam extension which is required to share the screen.
5. ProctorExam is contracted to facilitate remote examination process by your institution. We have strict commitments to the respect of your privacy. You can find our privacy statement here.
6. If your candidate needs technical help before or during the exam, they can use the chat window at the bottom right of their screen to speak to an agent. We don’t use any chatbots, they'll ll always find a human being to talk to!
Candidate's setting up and exam's flow - ProctorExam process
To access the exam, your candidate will need to follow the steps outlined below:
Email 1: 'Check your equipment'
This is the first e-mail you will receive, with the object: “Please register for your exam”. Please also advise the candidates to check their spam folder for this e-mail.
Step 1: The candidate will be prompt to install the ProctorExam Chrome plug-in as directed.
Step 2: The candidate will proceed to the 'System Check'. They will be re-directed to the page below on their browser. After, the candidate should follow the instructions on the screen until they complete the System Check successfully.
Email 2: The candidate will receive the link to start their exam
Upon successful completion of the system check, the candidate will receive a second email with the link to their exam, such as the image below.
The candidate will need to click on 'Step 2'
The candidate will need to present their ID for verification, at the start of the exam.
Once the candidate is re-directed to the page below, they are ready to set up their exam.
The candidate will need to follow the detailed instructions on the screen until entering on their exam.
Each step of the process has a little video which shows the candidates exactly what do.
Our support team will be available to assist any difficulties the candidates might encounter.