This article is meant to help you troubleshoot the most common issues which you might experience with your Webcam.
- Firstly, we invite you to test your webcam on this Link: Test your Webcam [Click Here]
If your webcam works on the link above, which of the following images describes best what you see?
Possible reasons for the issue:
- Some apps, (such as Teams, Skype, Google Meet) or browsers have used your camera. These apps are sometimes still running in the background even if the applications were closed
- You might be using a Google Chrome guest account. This means that you are not logged in to Chrome Webstore
- You might be using a corporate device/network
- Your Google Chrome Browser might not be updated
- Another tab/apps/folders might be opened on your computer
- You have Internet problems
- Close all other apps/tabs/folders/email/(...)
- Make sure to use a personal/ domestic device /connection
- Open your task manager and end pending tasks manually
- Disable all extensions except ProctorExam, using this guide
- Log into your Google Chrome account
- Update Google Chrome
- Check your internet connection - via speedtest
- Clear your browser's cookies/cache
- Restart your computer device/Internet
Follow these troubleshooting steps:
- Firstly, allow access to the webcam from Google Chrome settings by following the steps in this guide: Google Chrome: allow your camera - Click Here
Additional reasons and troubleshooting for the issue:
- Check if your internet connection is sufficient - We recommend a minimum of 1,5 Mbps upload, ping under 25 ms - To check your internet connection Click Here
- Log in to Google Chrome using a user's account and not a guest account.
- Update your Google Chrome if the browser is not up to date
- Clear the cookies/cache
- Restart your computer device and/ or your internet
If your webcam does not work on the link and you see some errors or the image does not display, which of the following images best describe what you see?
Your webcam does not work on the test link [Test Webcam Here] and you see this gray image instead with a crossed camera logo.
A possible reason for this error is you might be using a Lenovo device.
Lenovo devices might require you to follow the steps below to activate your camera:
- Press F8 on the keyboard
- Activate the webcam manually by following these steps - Click Here.
Your webcam does not work on the test link [Test Webcam Here] and you see this error image instead with a message 'Camera Not Authorized'.
A possible reason for this error is that your Camera might not be authorized from the device settings.
- Windows: Follow these steps - Click Here
- Mac: Follow these steps - Click Here
Your webcam does not work on the test link [Test Webcam Here] and you see this error image instead with a message - 'We Can't Find Your Camera'.
- There is no camera installed
- The drivers are not updated
- You are using an external webcam
- Unplug and replug the camera
- Restart your device
- Update the camera drivers from the device manager
- Use another device that has a working camera
- Guide with troubleshooting specific for Windows computers - Follow these steps - Click Here.
Please sign in to leave a comment.